Sunday 10 June 2007

Musings on 8th June 2007

8th of June 2007 is a day to remember.

I just had a read of Audrey's blog, the 8th of June 2007 entry. Her entry sure packs a punch - have a read of it (Malaysians should especially read it) and you'll know what I mean.

I agree with her about education. It's through good education that drives progress.

I had a late-night discussion with a few college mates, essentially about the differences between Malaysia and Australia. We touched on the subject of education - how Malaysian education plays an important role in shaping Malaysians and how we think.

I feel that Malaysian education doesn't empower students to think outside the square. Give a Malaysian student a circle, and the student might pengsan trying to find corners.

I guess that's one of the advantages of Australian education - students are taught to think beyond facts - to question facts and to take the initiative to seek out answers.

The grass is always greener on the other side - but there's nothing wrong with admiring the greener pastures and wanting to make the grass on this side just as green.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails