Wednesday 2 May 2007

Beautiful Cooking Part II

(I might be able to make side-income out of this)

Oh yes, I have had great success with the kuih lapis project! I couldn't get any pandan leaves for the green layer, so I used green tea powder instead, hehe... I am also adverse to using articial colouring, so for the 'red' layer I added one small and "youngish" sweet potato (boiled and mashed up) - adds to the flavour, too. So the end product is indeed free of articial colouring, flavouring, and preservatives!
I also have the assurance from the people who have tried it that it tastes like the "real thing", I suppose that means that it's authentic.
I actually made a "pilot" batch two nights ago. KT and PY tasted bits of it, and said that it tasted good. I was about to put the tray into the fridge, but my butter fingers made sure that the kuih lapis didn't see the light of day. Hence a pilot batch.
Evidently this time around my fingers were not greasy. :P
Would anyone like to sponsor me for a stall at this year's Malaysian Fest?

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

And you left none for me? :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails