Thursday 12 April 2007

Insane Reality

I got my first taste of working in a "real-life" pharmacy: LONG HOURS. I worked from 9:30am to 8:10pm today (half-hour lunch break, half-hour dinner break) to cover for a girl whose shift ends at 8pm. Up until now, I've been lucky. The pharmacy I work at only allows its staff to work a 38-hour week, over which is considered overtime (you'd have to have VERY GOOD AND APPROVED REASONS to work overtime). I think some graduates working at other pharmacies work 12-hour days... the maximum number of hours I usually work in a day are 8 hours.
Well, I have to get used to the fact that if I work anywhere else as a pharmacist I'd have to work at least 10 hours a day... oh please oh please take me back my beloved pharmacy!!! The reality is too harsh for me to bear!!!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails