Wednesday 23 January 2013

Of Little Critters and Hot Chillies

I have to hand it to Nature its wonder of replication.

What do I mean?

Flash back 2011:



This is one of the better photos of Bluey - I will forever remember him this way - the mostly loveable rabbit.
An assortment of chillies I bought from the Pyrmont fresh food market.


Zoom forward 2013:


A female lop - I don't know what to make of her at the moment. 
Two types of chillies from my garden - the pyramid-shaped chilli was grown from seeds of one variety of chillies I bought from the Pyrmont fresh food market in 2011. 


I am most happy about my chilli crop, as showcased above. I have three different types of chilli plants, two of which I grew from seeds. 

More than a year later, Summer awards me with the first signs of flowers, then tiny fruits, then green fruits ripening to brilliant red. 

I have sliced them, eaten them raw, pickled them in vinegar, dried them, added them to soups, stir-fries, salads. 

Mmm mmm mmm, I love my chillies. 


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails