Saturday 24 October 2009

Pink Ribbon Day Cancer Council NSW 23/10/2009

I've been meaning to volunteer for the Cancer Council NSW since two years ago. At that time, I volunteered for Daffodil Day 2007. I didn't make it then because I had just started my job at Campsie.

The same thing happened this year. I volunteered for Pink Ribbon Day before I got offered the job at the new workplace. I was determined to make it this time around, though. It turned out that I also needed to tie up loose ends from my previous work. I took the day off work to achieve two different goals, one for satisfaction, the other out of responsibility.

I am glad that I did make it to Pink Ribbon Day. It was a most satisfying and rewarding experience. I cannot explain exactly why or how it was satisfying or rewarding.

Perhaps it's because I felt that I have made good use of my time. Perhaps it's reassuring to know that there are others who are willing to put in time and effort to volunteer charity events such as Pink Ribbon Day. Perhaps it's because I've fulfilled what I wanted to do two years ago.

Regardless of the reason. I was truly happy doing it. :)


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails