Thursday 11 December 2008

Mandara Spa At Renaissance Hotel Kuala Lumpur


We tried the spa sampler - Balinese massage plus facial

Third day in Malaysia: My sisters, C and X, and C's uni friend, went to the Mandara spa at the Renaissance Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. C and her friend have already tried out spa massages before, and told me and X that the massage is so good that 50 minutes of it is not enough.

I was a bit hesitant at first, wasn't too sure about the massage as I was sure I would feel ticklish. I thought I would just get a facial instead. Turned out a facial costs more than a spa sampler - a Balinese massage and a facial. In the end, X and I both went for the spa sampler.

C and her friend decided on the Nirvana massage - a Balinese massage, sauna, foot scrub, and tea ceremony.

While waiting for the ladies to prepare for the massages, we were served cold ginger tea, which was very refreshing. I could have drank more of the tea!

We then went to the spa rooms. X and I were in one room, C and her in another. Our room was dimly lit, with the smell of lemongrass essential oil wafting in the air.

The massage was really good, and left me feeling relaxed and sleepy. By the time the lady finished with the massage and gave me a facial, I was close to lala-land.

Then I heard the lady telling me that the spa sampler has finished... I pictured myself rolling on the floor and banging my fists, saying, "NO!!! I WANT MORE!!!"

Not something I would go for every day, not unless I've got heaps of money to spend, but as a luxury, an escape to paradise, let me be the first to say, "AYE!"


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails