Thursday 8 March 2007

Why I Have a Blog When I Don't Even Write

This is not my first blog. I had my own space at Windows Live Spaces(TM) until I got evicted, or something to that effect. It's still there, so if anyone would like to have a view of my earlier postings, please do so at http://yee-chan.spaces.live.com/
I admit, blogging is not my work by night. I get too tired from masquerading as a pharmacy graduate by day to think about what to type on most nights... so I can appreciate why after months of not posting anything in my space, when I'm suddenly overcome by a bout of blogger's diarrhoea and decide to type out an entire posting, I'm rudely interrupted from publishing my posting by this annoying message that reads something to the effect of "This space is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" (you have no idea how many times I have tried again later), but that DOES NOT mean that I am absolutely accepting of the fact that when I need to write, I'm not allowed to. I also do not like the fact that I have to start from scratch.
So here I am, rankled with not being able to showcase my literary masterpiece on Windows Live Spaces(TM), and seeking refuge in blogspot.com instead. Bloggers (even a pseudo-blogger such as myself) should not be refused the right to express and impress - this should be made the first commandment in the 10 Commandments of Blogging.
By the way, this sudden spur to continue blogging has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that KT (you know who you are) has been reading blogs written by a few friends. It also has nothing to do with the fact that he casually mentioned that I don't even update my blog, even when I told him that I have one, and that he should read it! I would prefer to think that I am indeed overcome by blogger's diarrhoea, regardless on how I came to this conclusive diagnosis.
KT, now that I have renewed my passion, and have the distinction to mention you in my first posting here, you had better start reading this blog!
So why do I have a blog indeed??? I love to read, and I love to write. I've tried to write several short stories in buku latihan in my secondary school days. My mother lectured me on wasting paper - I've never finished any of my work, and they're still safely ensconced in the cupboards, gathering dust. Blogging is therefore an extension of my youthful ambition to become a successful author, to write of things so intelligent, wonderful, and fanciful that people would marvel at my creativity, my wit, my charm, my sophistication.
Even more so, I blog to share some of my experience, to rant and rave like a lunatic who's just been granted a day out into the park, and perhaps the errant reader would think to him/herself: "I know what you mean, I feel the same way too!". After all, everyone would like to be understood once in a while.
I welcome you to my world of thoughts.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails